Yes, that's right here I am in Texas! Austin to be exact!
On my arrival Thursday night I was greeted by live music as soon as I exited the plane!
The belt where I was too pick up my luggage was decorated with large guitars in case I did not get the picture that there was plenty of live music going in in Austin!
Unfortunately I arrived just in time for peak hour traffic. This was something I had not seen or been involved in for the last 6 months and not missed it one bit!
After flying from Boise to Oakland and finally onto Austin it was a full full day and 6.45pm before I had arrived at my hotel.
It was beginning to get dark and I had no idea where I was so it was a quick trip to the hotel gym for a spin on the bike and a short run.
I was feeling so much better after that!
Now it is Saturday and one more sleep to go!
I am so excited!
I am excited about racing again!
I am excited about how well training has been going and now having the opportunity to to put it all together.
I am so so excited about running pain free! I was at a point not that long ago that I never thought it would happen again, that something would always not be right. But it doesn't have to be that way and wow it feels good!
I am interested to see how I go on the run considering how little I have done. This will be all new for me. I haven't run 21km since about April!! So this could be fun or maybe not! We will see. It is time to put the Power Crank theory to the test and see how I feel!
This morning once the sun came up (around 7.30am!) I was at the Lake for a short swim, bike, run! It was so much warmer in the water than out of it! The first few miles on the bike tomorrow will be a little chilly but a forecast of 25 degrees will be perfect for racing.
The photo above is of the arena where the run actually finishes!
How cool! I have never finished a triathlon inside before so another thing to add to the list of firsts!
Oh, how could I forget what I did yesterday! The one thing you have to do when you come to Austin! I went to Mellow Johnny's!
The man himself "Lance Armstrongs" bike shop. I had the camera with me and although he is in town for the weekend he was not there to see me!!
Maybe next time!