Wow, I can't believe it has been an entire week since my last post! I am so sorry, I have been lazy, slack, you name it! But I am back!
After my little cooking experience last week I began to feel quite lethargic and tired on Thursday but didn't think anything of it.
Friday morning I went swimming training as normal and followed that up with a short run with John and Jeff. I was feeling a little queasy but put it down to swallowing a bit of water in the pool.
By the time I had ridden the cruises home, I could not get to the bathroom quick enough!
And that was me for 2 days! Friday and Saturday my daily trip was from bed to bathroom. There was no getting up for too long as the room was spinning and something was coming up.
It was the first time I had been sick since being overseas and I was counting down the hours so I could ring home at a reasonable hour and speak to my mum!! (I knew that if I rung in the middle of the night they would stress out that something was terribly wrong!) yeah I was sick but it wasn't an emergency!
Something I had eaten in the 24 hours before did not agree with me and boy did I know it!
By Friday night I was not feeling any better although I was extremely dehydrated and craving sugar!
An emergency phone call to John and thankfully he came by after work with some coke, orange juice and chicken soup!
Saturday morning about 5am I did get up and make some chicken soup but enjoyed spending the rest of the day in bed watching movies.
By Sunday I was able to venture out for an easy swim although still feeling a little queasy in the stomach and a bit weak.
Monday it was a swim, bike, run and I felt like I was slowly coming back!
Today is Thursday and I feel great! Yah, finally so much better!
It has rained the last couple of days but hasn't effected my training at all! My compi and I are getting to know each other very well. I have also decided I need to either invest in a Red Box (where you can get DVD's out!) or begin reviewing new releases as I am going through close to 6 DVD's a week! Not a bad thing! This means lots of training and I am loving it!
This time next week I can't believe I will be on a plane for Austin Texas to race in a Half Ironman! I am so so excited!
Lots to do between now and then though and first on the agenda is a massage I have booked in 30 minutes! The timing could not be better after this mornings session!
To everyone at home racing Worlds next weekend - all the hard work is done now so enjoy the taper! It will be so exciting to have the World Champs in your own backyard! It just proves how great a place Perth is!!
And congrats to all those who raced in Hawaii last weekend!
To my Physio JA!! After China I am sure Kona would have been a little bit easier! And to Dave Boyes!! What a day!! Awesome race!
See you all in 3 weeks! I am looking forward to the floggings on a Saturday morning ride again!