I can't believe how quickly my time in Boise is going and I am now down to 4 weeks until I return to sunny Perth. Probably good timing for a warm whether individual like me as the temperatures remain a little fresh here! Layers are the key! As long as it is not raining I am fine so fingers crossed the moisture holds off for the next 4 weeks!
Meanwhile, we all know this more to being a triathlete than just swimming, cycling and running (although those things are pretty important!) Nutrition is also high on the agenda and I love my sushi! When I am living in Perth traditionally mum and I will have sushi for lunch twice a week from out special place and that really hasn't been the case while here in Boise.
When my sister in law, Ang came over she left me with a quick note and advice on how to make it. I tried once and haven't tried again.
Last night I got my opportunity!
The local organic store "the Co-Op" have a series of small cooking classes on for 15 people and last night was sushi 101!
The class was taken by the local head chief of "Raw Sushi" and after we watched him and witnessed all the tricks of the trade it was our turn to practice!
It was a great hands on experience and with a few glasses of wine no one was afraid to experiment and make a few mistakes!
The only way you get any better, right!
We learnt all the lingo and how to roll inside out as well! There was also a bit of Sashimi action going on!
I must admit, this time turned out a lot better than last time and with a bit more practice I will eventually get there! I am going to experiment on Kevin and Hortie who I am living with next week and I have made them promise to tell me how good they are even if they are not!!
Training has been going great and the main thing is that it has been consistent over the last 4 weeks after returning from Canada and 3 weeks holiday! I can feel my fitness coming back and gaining strength on the bike! It is all good with a little bit of running mixed in to the equation.
A Half Ironman Race day simulation is on the agenda for this Saturday so Friday will be relatively easy so I can give it a good crack on Saturday!
Good luck to all the West Aussies racing in Kona on Saturday!
It will be another awesome day in the place where dreams are made of!