Another new experience for Kate on her USA adventures!
Actually there will be quite a few over the next 3 weeks.
Although the countdown is on and it is not long before I return to Sunny Perth there is a lot happening between now and then!
A little ride around the neighborhood on the cruiser at the moment will produce many surprises and it is still 2 weeks until Halloween.
I live just one block away for apparently where all the action is on Harrison. The close the road off and it is jam packed with kids and adults unlike all dressed up enjoy the festivities of Halloween.
I made the trip to the costume shop on the weekend with Kevin and Hortie and we are all geared up and ready to go!
So many houses have already started putting decorations out the front and there is a lot more to come!
Kevin had explained to me how beautiful fall was here and now I have seen he is right! The change in colour in the trees is spectacular and a photo just does not do it justice! The reds and yellows are so bright but it won't last too much longer as the leaves are starting to fall and the temperature continues to drop.
Yes, I have been back in the kitchen and I always need proof when that happens because I know certain people that will not believe me!
This time it was lentil patties! And I must admit they turned out quite yum!!
Some lentils, one potato, bread crumbs, I used egg beaters rather than eggs, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, garlic, parsley, a bit of olive oil to cook them in and you are ready!
Serve them with a salad! The left overs I enjoy the next day (and the day after!) in a sandwich for lunch! Think I will make some more this week!
Chris and Marilyn Mcdonald are in town and it is great have another Aussie accent around! Meanwhile I am beginning a little taper before heading to Texas this Thursday for the 70.3 in Austin in Sunday.
I am excited?
You bet!!
I can't wait to get out there and race again, it seems like forever!
Goodluck to all those sandgropers racing this weekend in Perth at the Long Course World Champs. As they say here...
"I will be rooting for ya!!"