Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The faces of Boise!

For anyone, packing up for 6 months and leaving the comforts of home, family and friends is a big deal. And for someone like me, it is a really big deal! Anyone who knows me understands exactly what I am trying to say. Coming to Boise is a fantastic opportunity and you always take a chance of what the experience will be like. But I am so happy to say that not only is this place fantastic! But everyone is so friendly. Not only just the triathlon community, but the lady "Rhonda" at the local YMCA where I go swimming every morning, who without fail, says good morning when I arrive and "have a great day, Kate!' as I leave. My neighbours across the road who I have met and offered "my house is your house" whenever they are around.
Here are some photo's from recent weeks!
Kevin and Hortie's going away party was held at Deckers house and apparently the
Ping Pong table comes out at every gathering. I need to get my skills up to scratch because I got a fair whipping!
The pre Boise 70.3 carbo party saw plenty of athletes come and load up on Pasta at Jeff and Erins house.


Finally I think the rain has gone and the temperatures are starting to warm up. Which is good because I only brought so many winter clothes and I am sick of washing them every day so I could wear them!
A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Matt who I only began coaching a few months ago for running. He is already an accomplished athlete but on Sunday at the Perth Half Marathon he took nearly 8 minutes of his PB! Running at 1.22 Half!
Things are looking good for that Marathon!