Saturday morning I again took the easy ride to Jeff's house to train in his "Man Cave" on the compi. It was a good sharp interval session followed by some overdue stretching before rolling home. It was then a quick change and off to the markets down town which happen every Saturday. I hadn't been before , but mum and dad went last weekend and said they were fantastic so I had to see this for myself.
They were right!
From fresh fruit and vegetables, to the bakeries, wine tasting and jewelry, it was so much fun and I will definitely be going again!
The afternoon was a bit of a surprise as I attended the Boise Ironman 70.3 2009 Sports Medicine Conference where Jeff was talking on Sports Injuries. It was interesting to hear what he had to say and before I knew it I was being introduced and talking to everyone about my situation and what I do. Straight back into that public speaking!
A quick change and it was an afternoon open water swim at Lucky Peak before a BBQ at Deckers house with Kevin and Hortie and Milo (the dog!).
Sunday morning I made the decision to join the local Tri group for there weekly ride. It starts out friendly enough then the groups splits up as they ride the 70.3 course and for the guys the last 30km the pace is on! Lucky I knew my way home because I couldn't hang on for that part.
The best way for me to get stronger is by riding with these guys, but after I was pretty "knackered" and according to Jeff the recovery food of champions is...

That's right!
We rolled straight into the local Mexican place down the road from my place and enjoyed a Margarita (or two!) and this, was in fact the first time I have ever had a Margarita! After a 100km flogging on the bike, I must admit it was quite good.
There was only one thing left to do that day.. SLEEP!