Saturday, May 30, 2009

Idaho City Revisited!

This time it was a whole lot better than week I attempted this ride last week.
For one, I left 2 hours later. By 8am the sun was well and truly shinning, yes, it was still a bit on the chilly side but I had all the warm gear on except for the long legs. 
It was a great ride and I even ventured a little past Idaho City to get a glimpse of what may be in store for next weeks long ride. By the time I had stopped at the "gas" station to refuel the layers were coming off one by one. When I eventually did make it home the tans lines were obvious and now I fit in with every other cyclist here!
With Memorial Day long weekend over, the hundreds of flags that seemed to be outside every house and along the main streets have come down. 
This was the entrance to where I am living over the last week.
Do you notice something missing?
That's right! I am going to get my hands on the biggest Australian flag I can find and add it to the collection. 
Kevin is American, his wife Hortie is French and now an Aussie has moved in!
What a combination!!
Along with the squirrel who frequents the kitchen window and like's to steel the fruit, "Milo" is Kevin and Hortie Baby! He has been spending alot of time sleeping on my bed and believe it or not leaving me very little room! He seems to want to sleep right in the middle!
Milo is a great companion to have around the house and I will miss him when he goes to his grandparents in a month.
Today has been an easier day (thank god!) after yesterday and has given me the chance to do all the "little things" I wanted to do to feel settled in. I even had a drive around the neighborhood and checked out the local cafe for lunch today.
Now there is still plenty of time to finish unpacking the boxes and think about what may be on the menu for dinner tonight!