Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Made it but shattered!

After waking at 3.3oam on Tuesday morning we have finally arrived in Honolulu Hawaii. Man, I love this place. It has been over a year since I have been here and at present we only have to wait about another 30 minutes until we can check into out room so mum and dad have gone down to the water front to enjoy a drink and I am sitting in the lobby of the hotel typing away and watching the world go by.
Thanks to Matt we had fantastic exit row seats leaving Perth and were able to keep our ourselves awake for the journey to Sydney. 
It was then a 4 hour wait bit this gave us plenty of time to transfer from the Domestic to International terminals and do a bit of duty free shopping. 
I am traveling with mum and dad at the moment. Dad is well over due for a holiday after missing the last couple unfortunately due to my injuries (which I don't plan on happening again!!) so has been looking forward to this trip for a long time. After spending the rest of the week in Hawaii we will be heading to Boise, Idaho where I will be based for the rest of the USA Summer. They will also spend a week there before heading back to Perth.
After a spot of duty free shopping in Sydney it was off to the Qantas Club for some lunch and a little relaxation before boarding our 10 hour jetstar flight to Honolulu. Normally I have no problems sleeping on planes, but for some reason this trip it was limited. I watched a few movies, ate plenty and drunk so much water I was a frequent visitor up front. But thankfully we have all arrived safely and our luggage! 
Once we can check into our room a short afternoon nap is a priority to recharge the batteries and then I plan on tackling the gym for a light cross trainer session (hopefully only a week to go then I will test the running!) and a dip in Waikiki. 
Paradise is grand! The sun is out and everyone seems to be either trying to get a tan or shopping. There will be plenty of time for that tomorrow.
Aloha from Hawaii!!