No, it is not how I normal would do a three hour ride, but I wanted to take it all in and enjoy my last loop of the river for a while. So, the camera came with me and there were plenty of stops along the way. I looked like a tourist on 2 wheels.
It made me realise how lucky were are here in Perth and the icons that a local river loop can take you by. So many times you jump in your group, chat away, race downs mounts bay road and before you know it are back at the coffee shop in Freo.
But this time I stopped to smell the roses....!
Cottosloe Beach was like glass and who would think in May it would be 28 degrees! It only has to last another 2 days and I will be happy. I will be swapping the waves of Cott for the surf of Waikiki!!
The view of the city from Kings Park. The last time I had been here was for my brothers wedding in January. After a couple of figure 8 loops I stopped to take this photo and enjoy a bar or two!
Mounts Bay road cycle path
The city first thing in the morning..
With the rising sun...!
Agghhh! How good is life, I can't complain!
I have progressed to the cross trainer this last week and thankfully gave Nat back the water belt. After 6 weeks of water running I could tell you what song was coming next on my water proof MP3 player and the ladies at aqua aerobics knew me well.
The cross trainer is now my friend, for hopefully only another week and then I will very slowly and easily test the groin next weekend. Fingers crossed.
But for now, I am procrastinating! That packing I keep talking about, it is not happening!
Happy Mothers Day Mum!
2 sleeps to go, Yah!!