Wednesday, May 27, 2009

They Will Find You!

That's right! There is no hiding from my fantastic sponsor "K-Swiss"
I have traveled half way across the world yet, still there is was, boxes of the coolest shoes and clothes to wear. I didn't need to pack anything at all. I can look "hot" in there gear everyday!
Check out these shoes! They are so comfortable to wear, for now they are getting a mean workout on the cross trainer. Fingers crossed the running will be happening sooner rather than later.
This is my "new shoe" draw. I can wear a different pair everyday for 2 weeks! No excuses now for shoes being worn out and not good for running. Honestly, if you don't have any you are missing out, go buy some!
Still unpacking all the cool stuff. The hardest part for me at the moment is deciding what to wear!!
I was totally spoilt over the memorial day long weekend. Besides the fact mum and dad were here for half of it. They did leave on Sunday lunchtime and have now finally arrived back in Perth. I got to spend the rest of the weekend with Jeff, Erin and John. 
Monday morning I raided Jeff's newly designed "Man Cave" which is going to temporarily call the "Kate Bevilaqua Training Centre" while I am here, for my compi session. It is an awesome set up which will eventually have everything in there you will need for a quality work out.
I left while John and Jeff were riding Bogus Basin which ended prematurely for Jeff after some mechanical issues. Thank god for the nice people of Boise otherwise it was a long way down!
The afternoon we then ventured for the first time for an open water swim at Sandy Beach. This is Boise's man made beach as we are no where near the coast! 
It was packed doe to the long weekend. Not quite like Cott Beach in Perth during the summer but it was pretty spectacular with the mountains in the background. 
I was glad I had the long sleeve wetsuit though! The water is melting snow so you can imagine it was a little bit chilly to begin with. But as the summer progresses the water will get warmer.
But the day didn't end there! After a quick shower it was back to Erin and Jeff's for a delicious home cooked meal of Ribs, chicken and salad on the balcony of their house overlooking down town. 
Not a bad way to end my first week in this incredible place!
Thanks to everyone who has been sending e-mails through. It has been great to hear what you are up to, please keep them coming!
Barry, your website address for the conversion of yards to metres was a lifesaver! I am a not guessing anymore!
Sandra and Jan, Thanks again so much for my gift. I have ordered new bathers already and will post of picture of them when they arrive!!
Matt, congratulations on your run on the weekend! A great place to start!
Time to go get the cycling gear on for an easy spin out on the town. Hopefully this time I won't get lost!