Saturday, July 25, 2009

He's Back!

Today was long ride day and it has been great because the last month or so every long ride has been different. Lots of new scenery to look at, hills to climb and towns that I haven't been to. I tried to remind myself this morning to take my camera but I forgot again! Next week, hopefully I will remember! I left John and Jeff after just over 4 hours as they returned home to go to work and I continued onwards and upwards towards Hidden Springs. The first stop was a refill and thank god I did as it began to heat up very quickly and by the time I returned home I was already all out of water again and so so thirsty! Just in time!
I climbed the stairs back to the kitchen, guzzled a litre of water, but had this strange feeling I was being watched!
I was!
Mr Squiggles is back!
It has been a while since I have seen him, but there he was laying on the back fence, enjoying the sun. I hobbled my way downstairs for the camera as he found some food to eat.
I now have company tonight!
It has been a great week of training.
A little bit of jogging/japanese shuffle.
Five sessions of yoga!
Two Massages!
And for those who know me well enough, countless hours riding my one and only Compi!
I don't go anywhere with out it!
Four DVD"s this week while riding this baby! The best would have been "The Dark Night"
Yes, I am a little bit slow in getting to watch it, but I am a huge Heath Ledger fan (besides the fact he comes from my home town!) so thought it was time.
I enjoyed the movie although it was exceptionally long (2 1/2 hours) but I am not sure about an Oscar winning performance. Each to their own I guess!
Thursday night was "Skype Night" and it was great to catch up with family and friends for a chat. Plus, I needed all of the gossip before the big derby this weekend. I would love to see the Eagles beat the dockers but I am not going to get my hopes up.
I am looking forward to racing next weekend in an Olympic Distance race as part of a team with Jeff. No, no running for me, but a great chance to do a 40km time trial. I can't wait to go hard and fast!
Bec, you should be here for this one on your new TT Bike!
Time for another stretch before dinner and then my favorite (is that the American spelling?) pastime, SLEEPING!!