Well, that is how I am feeling today. It has been one of those days. Everything has been going great. I am getting the miles in on the bike, swimming consistently which for me will make all the difference. And lately even been able to jog a little bit which has been really exciting. I sat down last night and made my plan for the day and I was ready to go.
But the body had a different plan in mind!
I knew I was tired and fatigued and this week is an easier week anyway so no intensity and more recovery. I took a little while to warm up in the pool but after a few km's was feeling a lot better. I was going to stay at the "Y" and run on the treadmill but decided I needed to return home for breakfast and a nap before the run.
After waking up a few hours later and putting my K-Swiss shoes on I was out the door but within the first few steps it hurt!
Bugger, what was going on!! It was getting better, yeah there had been a little ache but it got less and less as the jog went on. But not today! My groin was hurting and I was not happy!
My jog session ended up being a walk jog session, better than nothing I know, but maybe a few days off the running will help it all to settle down again.
I find myself at that very frustrated point at the moment!
I just want the pain to go away and for it to stop hurting!!
It has been 4 months!! Any normal bone would have healed by now, why is it taking so long!
This is one of those few times where I wish it was black and white! Kate, this is the reason, do this and all will be back to normal.
No such luck I know!
I will continue to be patient, although it has been hard lately watching all the awesome Ironman races on the weekends and wanting nothing more but to be out there!
I have said my piece now, my rant is over, it must be the Monday Blues or something!!
Hey, besides that I have absolutely nothing to complain about, so life is good!
Here are some more images of life in Boise over the last week!
Corn on the Cob anyone?
Clari from Brazil was in town to visit so she had to be shown the local sights of Boise, including some of the bars. This was also the first experience for me! I am usually not much of a dessert person but at "Pear" came across the most delicious "Key Lime Pie" Martini!
Nat, you will have to try one when you get here!
Blake, Robbie would love it!
We all had a great night and there is nothing like laughing to make you feel good!
Wez, sorry about the football results on the weekend! (actually not really!!) Thank god, we are still above you on the ladder! It had better stay that way!