Thursday, July 9, 2009

The simple things in Life!

Training the last week has been going great! I probably would have liked to have a little more sleep than I have been getting. But hopefully after 2 naps today I am back on track. I have endured some great sessions in the compi and with those caught up on my DVD watching. I am probably one of the last to see "Slumdog Millionaire" but I am now so glad I did. It was a great movie and time went so quickly on the trainer with that one playing.
The masters swimming squad numbers are starting to pick up again. A lot of people had some time off following the Boise 70.3 and a few Ironmans, but numbers are back up and there are plenty of triathletes around to join in the early morning sessions.
I am slowly beginning to jog a little more. Nothing fast, or long. But quicker than a walk which is very exciting.
I have a follow up x-ray with Dr Shilt next week and we will discuss the next couple of weeks and how to move forward. I can't wait! But I again I am constantly reminded how patience is the key! I must have learnt something over the last 12 months with every going on and if patience is not at the top of the list I don't know what is!!
Actually, I do!
How much I love and appreciate what I do, and if I thought I was determined before, well watch out!! I am even more determined now!!
But there are always the simple things in life that can bring a smile to my face.
E-mails from friends!
Talking to my mother on Skype!
Photo's of my niece and nephew who are growing up way too fast while I am away!
John's "trunks" at swimming training! (HA HA!)
A nice glass of wine at the end of the day, goes a long way!
Do you think the bottles are big enough!
My little T.V. that keeps me entertained!

A hand written letter from my Grandma! I didn't even read it before I had tears in my eyes! How often do we write letters anymore? Technology has changed all of that, but I was so excited to find this in the letter box!
I will never be without my Australian Flag! Thanks to mum and dad for getting it too me ASAP! It will be going up outside the house very soon. I just thought I would wait a little while after the 4th July before I did it!
Nat, it will be up just in time for when you arrive next week!