Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hot Springs, Crit's and more heat!

I don't know where to begin! I will let the pictures do the talking about the last couple of days!
Saturday night was the Twilight Criterium in Boise and it was so much fun! Besides the fact that it was over 40 degrees celsius and my feet and legs were swollen, it would have been a lot worse for those out on the course.
John and Jeff raced earlier before the Pro's and between the 2 of them came away with more than half of the primes! They did a heap of work during the race as you can see through the photo's John in front, Jeff behind.
I was there from 3.30pm until 11pm so it was a long afternoon. But thanks to Erin and Jeff I was able to enjoy most of it in the cool of the VIP tent for the YMCA. It is what they always say, it is who you know!! HA HA!
Nat left Saturday lunchtime but before that we enjoyed a relaxing time at the Gold Fork Hot Springs. This was my first trip to some Hot Springs in Idaho and these were fantastic! There were 7 pools which decreased in temperature as you descended the slope.
They were so relaxing, full of natural minerals. Perfect preparation for the big couple of weeks of training to come.
The water falls scattered everywhere gave a great massage. It was a shame I had to drive back to Boise because I could have had a good nap after getting out of the water.
(Notice the bathers!! Margaret River Masters! Thanks guys!)
The last night before Nat left we went out to dinner with John to "Chandlers" one of the nicest places to eat in Boise, and it was! Especially for the guys who were looking for a good steak. This steak was the biggest thing I have ever seen. I was more than happy with my salmon and a nice glass of wine!
The weekend has been and gone and the hard work has begun again today. I was really excited to enjoy a little bit of a longer run today. No, still not pain free, but it is feeling better and better! Please hurry up! Is all I can say!