I am so lucky here in Boise that I have a family away from home. Erin, Jeff, Lani, Kenzie and John and made me feel so at home and even better is the opportunities I have to train with Jeff and John. They work me hard on the bike and there is no slacking off when there is only 3 of you. And lately I have even had to the chance to enjoy a few little jogs. Not pain free and the slowest I feel I have ever run in my entire life!! But a step in the right direction to being the fastest again! I did it before and I will do it again!
Last weekend was the July 4th Long weekend and I joined my Boise family for a trip to McCall. It was absolutely spectacular and I can't wait to go back again!
John, Jeff and I left early Friday morning and drove the 2 hours to McCall so we could ride long before the roads became too busy.
6 hours later and 180km we were ready for a good feed!
No cars, long stretches of road and come climbing. It was perfect and even included a little bit of altitude!
Jeff at our Tamarack stop. It was a tourist ride for me as I got to see some awesome locations and began mentally writing a to do list for next time I returned.
Mum and Dad we absolutely have to go next time you are in Boise!
John enjoying the pit stop as we refueled and made our way back to McCall.
The main street of town leads straight down to the Lake which by the end of the day was completely crowded with jet ski's, kayakers, boats and swimmers. It was the place to be!
Now I am back in Boise and it things will be pretty normal for the next 10 days before Nat arrives next Wednesday. After last weekend I thought a return trip to McCall may be a good idea!
This week I am going to slowly increase what little running I have been doing and see how the groin responds and follow up with another x-ray and visit with Doctor Shilt next week. Hopefully all will be good and I can't start doing a little bit more running!
Happy Birthday Aunty Janice! I tried to give you a call but obviously you were having too much fun in Broome!
Why wouldn't you!!