I decided on Monday it had been a while since I have taken part in any type of weight program. By a while, probably since March! It was time to get back into it!
So rather than hitting the gym, just me and my IPOD a couple of times a week I had a good look at the "Y" schedule and found a Body Sculpting Class 3 times a week. Light weights, bands, medicine balls and lots of core work. Perfect, just what I am looking for.
I have been doing plenty of cycling and swimming so how hard can it be!
Wrong!!
Welcome back to reality!
And reality is, today I am sore!
Thanks to DOMS, I am more sore today than I was yesterday!
Those push ups killed me and when the swim set this morning included butterfly and pull, my pecs were screaming before I had even started swimming.
I haven't felt this way for a long time, but just like every sucker I will return this afternoon for session number two this week. But maybe this time I will use slighter lighter weights and let the body adjust a little bit slower rather suffering like this all over again. Unfortunately it seems no amount of sleep will help me get ride of the soreness, although I have tried!
That is where my SKINS have come in very handy!
I must admit, I am very lucky though. I am reading about the wind, rain and storms hitting Perth at the moment and thinking about my friends having to deal with those horrible conditions while I am cycling in 35 degree heat and getting a fantastic (NOT!) cycling tan!
So, after my weekly grocery shop this afternoon, I am going to have a good stretch and prepare myself for body sculpting number 2. I am on a mission to get my Abs back before the summer is out! Anything that will help the running in the future!
To all my Aussie Friends "Happy 4th July"
I am looking forward to the Fireworks!