Monday, June 9, 2008

It's not over until the fat lady sings!

I am sure you have all heard this saying before, or maybe it is just an Aussie thing. But it really just means that what ever you are involved in, it is not over until the very bitter end! In sport and in life it is so easy to give up if things are not going your way but you never know what may have been or could have happened if you just pushed that little bit harder or persevered for a little while longer. 
As tired and jet lagged as I was on the weekend I still had enough energy to make it to Subiaco Oval with my friends Nat, Bec and Matt. We had the opportunity to go on the Chairmans Lounge so unfortunately the guys had to wear the suit and tie (not your usual football attire!) I had not been to the football for ages and although my beloved Eagles are not doing all that well this season I still couldn't wait to hopefully see a good game. And they didn't disappoint! Except for the last 2 minutes of the game! They dominated in the first half and it would have been so easy for the opposition to go into damage control and survival mode. But they chipped away and although they were never in front for 99% of the game. They were at the end, when the final siren sounded. Unfortunately the Eagles had squandered a winning lead and all credit to the Swans for that belief and that determination to give it 100% to the very end. 
It is a friendly reminder that you never know what just might happen!!