Needless to say with 16 weeks to go my program is now focused on October 11th.
This past weekend it was great to get some riding in with some of the group I had been training with over the summer. Although they had to put up with me complaining for the first couple of hours as I had no feeling in my fingers and toes! I am complaining so much already and we haven't even hit the middle of winter yet.
I think it is because I was spoilt last year when I spent the summer in Boulder, USA. This year I am staying home but may have to consider a return to the U.S. next year.
On top of that, the lovely Gas Explosion we had a couple of weeks ago is causing major problems in Perth. Some pools have had to shut down. Ours hasn't as yet but they are slowly decreasing the pool temperature by a degree each week. The wetsuit will be coming out soon! I hate arriving at the pool and not seeing steam coming off it!! Stuart has an excuse for working us even harder now, to keep us warm!
I finally got to see the Sex and the City Movie yesterday. My girlfriend Bec had already been to the premier but didn't mind seeing it again because her mum wanted to see it as well. It was a girls afternoon out and nice and relaxing!
The track sessions began again today and they are always a shock to the system. It is always the same, aerobic endurance hangs around that little bit longer but the speed, the old saying, use it or lose it! I definitely nearly lost it today!
This week is my last working with the local university and I have been out assessing teachers on their teaching prac's. It has reminded me of my last year if university and trying to impress your mentor, the kids, your supervisor and now I think who would have thought I would be doing what I am now!! Yah! I am so lucky!
Anyway, I am just procrastinating before I head to the gym (my garage!!) for my weights session.
Congratulations to Aussie Luke Mackenzie who won his first Ironman in Japan on the weekend!
I can't wait for that day!!