Sunday, June 29, 2008

Number one goal...to improve!

Isn't that why we train? Why we get up morning after morning at 4.30am, why we can't stay out late or we watch what we eat? Why we spend all that money on new equipment, that aero helmet, those race wheels! Yep, you bet! It is all about getting better and improving!
A number of people ask me, "how long are you going to be doing this Pro Triathlete thing for?" And after telling them, "hang on a minute, I have only just begun!!"! I let them know how much I love it, the challenge of every session, of every race, the amazing loactions and friendly people, being able to eat so much only because of all the training!! But finally I tell them that I will do it at the Elite level as long as I keep improving!
Last Thursday was a step in the right direction. I have been doing the "lovely" 30CP tests for a few years and off course like the Vo2 Max test, they hurt! But I always seem to go out too hard and "die" in the last 5 - 10 minutes dropping my wattage considerable. But Thursday I put together the best one to date. I was able to pace so much better and hold the wattage to the end. It was a great confidence booster as the km's and intensity begings to pick up. The body is ready and I am ready to to take my performances to the next level.

I am writing this from the Marina Mandarin in Singapore "a bit of shopping at the Singapore Sales!!" a must at this time of the year!
It has been another great getaway from the cold early mornings in Perth and an opportunity to run in the "Hawaii like" heat and humidity of Singapore.
I spent a fantastic day with my Singapore Family yesterday and once Raj e-mails the photo's to me I will post some. He works at Sentosa Island so we were treated to a full day of sightseeing from monrail rides, to the extreme log ride and the unbelieveable Songs of the Seas performance.
It will be a quick trip to Lucky Plaze today where I will finally buy a new camera and then there will be no excuses!!
Operation CS continues....!!