This morning was my long run and not having run since the weekend, I wasn't sure how the legs would feel. I wanted to start early but also had to allow enough time to get up and tape my feet after the blisters I still have from Sunday are causing a little bit of grief. Once I was finally organised I was on my way and didn't feel too bad.
Yes, things began to get a little bit ugly as I went along and my long run eventually became a split run. 3/4 in the morning and a 1/4 of the run this afternoon became a much better option. Although a I sent here now and write this blog I am not sure if I am really waiting for my lunch to go down before I run again or just procrastinating!
After reaching 40 degrees this afternoon, at least the temperature is coming down and it will be a lot cooler once I eventually get round to running again.
It has been quite surreal the last couple of days hearing all the stories coming out of Victoria and from the fire victims. It is incredible how many lives have been lost and how some people survived in the middle of blazing inferno's. It definitely puts life into perspective.
My mother asked me if I was in that situation, what would I grab? I said to her, to be honest, they are all material things. As long as my family and pets were safe, I have the memories. It would be more important to be alive and safe than running back to grab stuff!
How someone could deliberately light a fire in the conditions Victoria had on the weekend is so hard to comprehend!
At the same time, Aunty Rita has been dealing with incredible floods in Queensland and trying to stop the water from rising in her house!
I am very lucky where I am and the love and support I have from family and friends. Something I am thankful for everyday!
Time to go and do that second run!