Life can be funny sometimes. One weekend everything runs to clockwork and the focus will be on training and recovering. The next you are madly rushing around from one place to the next, getting up at 4.30am to get the training in and making sure you are everywhere at the right time. This for some people is normal. I am so lucky that for me it is not.
When I was working at Christ Church there was the most fantastic lady who worked in Administration called Cheryl. Always willing to do anything for anyone. For me, she was my mum at work. I could come and talk to her anytime and have a laugh. If I wanted to know the gossip she was the one. And when I needed a shoulder to cry on I could always rely on Cheryl. I was very lucky to have her there and last week she celebrated her 50th Birthday. Her family organised a surprise party for her today and in typical Cheryl fashion, she was totally humbled by the experience. People like Cheryl bring a smile to your face as they are very rare.
There is plenty of time for me to finish my book later this week. For now it has been a great day and it had nothing to do with training!