Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Catch up time!

Yah! A recovery week. This is finally a chance to get to that list that has been growing and growing over the last 2 weeks. All those little things that get put on hold and I keep telling myself, I will do it during my recovery week. Well, that is now and time to get into action!
I am still training twice a do but all purely aerobic, no intensity and for only half the time. This gives me more time during the day for sleeping! Oh, and I guess a bit of cleaning, paying bills and contacting people I have neglected over the last fortnight.
Yesterday after swimming training and an easy cycle I met mum at Garden City for the weekly grocery shop before returning home in time to sit down and watch the Academy Awards. I was glad to see Heath Ledger come away with best supporting actor. After watching the moving "Milk" while I was in Geelong a couple of weeks ago I was not surprised that he won the best actor award. His performance was amazing and a movie definitely worth seeing. 
By 4pm I was at Niki's house for my dose of acupuncture. With the body feeling very tight and sore of the weekend's sessions I was a little more sensitive than normal. The body looked like a pin cushion. Once they were removed though, it was a great sense of relief and something I firmly believe has been helping me recover from my recent injuries.
This morning was a nice run along the Shelley foreshore. I love leaving in the dark and seeing the sun rise over the west. Most mornings it is stunning and this morning was no exception. It wasn't as hot as it as been in the past few days, but more humid.
I followed my run with a relaxing epsom salt bath and then a big breakfast! 
My brother Blake and his wife Robbie are cooking my parents and I dinner tonight so I decided to stay the night as their house is actually that little bit close to where I do swimming training in the morning. This means I can sleep in 5 minutes longer!!
There is washing to be done and a bathroom to clean so I had better not procrastinate any longer as Friday will be here before I know it and the hard work will begin again!