Friday, February 6, 2009

Geelong..!

Well, here we are finally in Geelong! We enjoyed a cruisy flight from Perth and picked up our car from the airport for the short drive to Geelong. Although it was only a 2 hour time difference from Perth, with everything that had been going on in the last couple of days we were both feeling pretty tired and glad to have an early dinner, accompanied with a nice glass of wine and a good sleep!
Thursday morning I enjoyed a nice sleep in until about 6.30am then I was up and off for a run. The course on Sunday is 3 laps on the bike and run so I was able to complete a full lap of the run with some nice undulating hills and a trail around the botanical garden before returning back to the hotel and meeting mum for breakfast. After putting the bike together it was then time to do some exploring! We walked everywhere! Through all the shops, the market place, checked out the session times for the movies later that night then enjoyed lunch on the water front. I had an afternoon massage then we went and watched the movie "Milk". We had no idea what it was about or what we were in for before we went but both came out of it thinking "what a fantastic movie". It was a real eye opener to what the world was like not that long ago in terms of discrimination and how far we have come in the last 20 years. Expecially now with Obama as president. After a late dinner it was a good nights sleep again.
This morning I awoke and took the bike out for a short spin to to check the gearing then at 6.40am I had a messege on my phone! Who could be contacting me this early in the morning? It was Michelle Downs! She had flown in from Perth early this morning and unfortunately her lift was unable to pick her up, she was stranded at a bus stop in the middle of Geelong! I went and picked her up and dragged her to the race start so I could go for a swim while she found herself a hot chocalate. Then we were back to the room, cleaned up and off for breakfast.
Today we have had a huge day of adventures! After driving the bike course we headed to Torquay for a sport of shopping. A quick trip to Bells Beach and to check out the lack of surf at this time of the year, then finally we were on the Great Ocean Road and on our way to Lorne!
The drive was spectacular and when we finally made it we headed out for lunch which unfortunately was not that great! Oh well, so far all the food had been fantastic! There was only one way to make it better, a Fruitorama!! Frozen, yoghurt, and frozen fruit, it was delicious!!
We proceeded onto the Erskine Falls for an adventure trail walk and lots of photos (sorry you will have to wait for those once I get back on my computer!).
While Michelle and I walked the trails, mum picked up a couple of overseas tourists and we ended up giving them a lift back to Lorne before we made the journey back to Geelong.
We are finally back now, I am tired from the driving from so so excited about Sunday! Tomorrow is going to be a scorcher in Melbourne, 43 degrees, Sunday though, 23 degrees and the chance of rain! 3 seasons in one day in Melbourne!
If you are in Perth this weekend, it is my big T.V. debut! Channel 9, Saturday night 6.30pm, Just Add Water! Don't miss it! There will be a triathlon special and if you don't blink you may just see me running out of the swan river, or even saying a few words!
Nearly time for dinner and to get organised, and no Michelle, you can't proof read my blog before I post it! Don't worry, I didn't give away all our secrets from today!