Recovery weeks are great! Even better when I can take the opportunity to head down south to Margaret River to spend the week. Mum and I made the 3 1/2 drive on Monday and nothing beats the peace and quiet of the wind and waves while sitting on the balcony with a good book!
Yesterday I was lucky to be greeted with some sunshine so headed out along Caves Road towards Augusta for my ride. It was a nice change with wineries, caves and the awesome Valley of the Giants to cycle through. It was so easy to just get lost in the sorroudings and just enjoy the ride. There was very little traffic as the school holidays are over and the cars that did come by nearly all had surf boards on their roof racks as they were looking for the ultimate wave!
The conditions have now taken a turn for the worst and the howling wind and driving rain last night was unbelievable! Mum and I just sat on the balcony and watched the storm come right in across the ocean.
The pool here in Margaret River is an indoor 25m so it is a nice change from the outdoor 50m I swim in all the time. I join the Master group while I am here and there are no slouchers in this group. It was so nice to be indoors and not have to deal with the freezing temperatures outside. This is something I could easily get used to!
As the storm continued my ride today became an indoor session. All I can say is thank god for Foxtel!!
A few epsisodes of Friends, Millionaire Matchmaker and Hope and Faith got me through.
Another couple of days here then it will be back to the city and the beginning of another hard block of training before the Rydges Half Ironman on the 17th August. I am really looking forward to racing again and can't wait!!
Meanwhile, if you are thinking of doing the City to Surf, do it? Or maybe want to buy a t-shirt or vizor? Or maybe just want to have a giggle at my "modelling" ability!!
Then check out this link:
www.citytosurf.activ.asn.au/2/3195/3179/official_mercha.pm
No comments about this one please!! HA HA!