I am now home again after a blissful 5 days down south. There is plenty to do in the South West of WA wineries, chocolate factory, cheese factories, caves to climb through, surfing, nuts and cereals factory, hiking, biking, you name it! But this trip was purely to recharge the body and be ready for another 3 solid weeks of training before the Half Ironman. Although it rained a lot while we were there, I had the indoor trainer so never missed a beat on the bike and enjoyed a number of runs along the coast in between the showers.
It has taken my parents a long time to finally have this house finished (well not them, the builders!) and it is great we can now come and go as we please and have a holiday home! There are still a few bits and pieces they still want to complete but those will be an on going process!
Some pictures of our house "The Moana"
This is the best place to sit in the afternoon with a good book! The afternoon sun comes right in and you can see the waves of the ocean!
The balcony where mum and I religiously sat every evening to watch the world go by.....!
And the magical sunsets!
It doesn't get any better than this!
I have probably not done as much stretching as I would have liked this week. I really need to be more conscious of this with only 11 weeks left before Hawaii. I know it will help!
Besides the obvious training for the weekend I am again going to venture to Subiaco Oval and watch the West Coast Eagles take on St Kilda in the AFL. This game has more riding on it than normal. Tony (my massage therapist) is a mad St Kilda fan and we always have a little bet on the game. Last time I won, but this time I am not that confident of my chances.
My next massage may not be so nice!
Don't forget about my camp in October! If you are thinking about doing Ironman Western Australia or just want a week of solid training before the season starts, send me an e-mail and sign up! (see the flyer on the "news" page of my website)