I am tired! I am sore! I know I always feel like this at the end of the 2nd hard week. But I forget. Now I am thinking I just have the weekend to get through and then a recovery week to look forward to! Yah!! I need it!
This morning when the alarm went off at 4.45am it was pouring with rain outside, we were expecting gale force winds and I rolled over and looked at the alarm clock thinking "do I have to?". I could so sleep in this morning! It had been a night with little sleep as I tossed and turned for some reason and lying there all I could think about was "do I have to get cold again?".
I got up, had my toast, opened the gates, fed the cats and got the newspaper for dad. It was still ticking over in my mind, "I could swim on my own later? Did I need a squad session today?". In the car, 15 minute drive to the pool, the windscreen wipers on full speed so I could see where I was going. It all seemed such an effort! I was in zombie mode!
But in I got! Although it did take me a bit longer than normal. This morning I just had to take it one lap at a time! The legs were heavy and I struggled to hold times that a couple of weeks ago were no problems! But I gave it my best I could at the time. Today it was a battle of the mind. It was all mental. 90% of the time I jump out of bed, actually I am up before the alarm goes off, ready to take on the challenge of training that day. But I must remember there will be days like today and I will get through them!
The cure... an afternoon nap, dinner with friends and a nice glass of red wine!!
Bring on the weekend!