It is not often as a Professional Triathlete/PE Teacher that the opportunity arises to be a "girly girl" and wear a dress. But lucky for me Saturday night was one of those chances!
My girlfriend from high school Kerry was off to the "Rio Tinto Ball" but unfortunately her boyfriend was unable to make it so I got to go along instead! Thanks Shannon!
There was no wetsuit, bathers, smelly shoes or lycra! Just a nice dress and even high heels!
On top of that I had conveniently planned to use a Xmas Voucher I had received for Keturah Day Spa for a facial and manicure the day before. (Thanks John, it was fantastic!!)
So I was all set, (minus a little bit of the nail polish though because of my flat while riding that morning had not helped the nail situation. (Yes, Croc and Sandy, I got a flat just before I got home, so that back tyre has been replaced, talk about timing!)
It was a circus theme and the Ballroom at Burswoon had been completely transformed. It looked fantastic! The tables were covered with crazy glasses and ties and Kerry and I had the opportunity to shoot a few hoops and walk away with a prize from the clowns (you know the game at the show where you put the balls into the clowns mouth and try and get a particular score, alot of skill involved in that one!)There were performances all night including this one lady who was a contorsionist and she got her body into all of these weird positions, they looked painful! It reminded me how flexible I am, NOT!!


Kerry and I
Unfortunately my dancing legs did not come to the party after the mornings effort on the bike but it was a fantastic night and the food was delicious!
It was also a very late one for someone like me but the one good thing about that was I got to watch a stage of the Tour De France for the first time, live! That is not likely to happen again!
Congratulations to Michelle who finally broke the 11 hour mark at Roth yesterday after her fair share of dramas! It sounds like it was an awesome day of racing!
It is head down again now for my second hard week (of my 2 week cycle) and fingers crossed that the rain holds off for those long cycling sessions! Casper is getting washed every other day at the moment with all the crappy weather we have been having!