Sunday, July 20, 2008

I made it!!

Yah!! It is Sunday night, 7pm and I am more than ready to go to sleep right now! I made it through the weekend and when I wake up at 4.50am tomorrow morning it will be the beginning of a recovery week.
The weekend began on Friday night with the best meal at Barry and Julie's house. I love going there for dinner because I get totally spoilt! Entree, main, dessert and then we watched a replay of the last stage of the Tour De France at a decent hour! It was a great night and just what I had needed after how I was feeling on Friday.
The storm, gale force winds, rain just all seem to stop after midnight (good call Julie!) and saturday morning I was out the door by 5.30am for my LSD ride. I was hoping there may have been some others at the Rowing Shed by 6.30am and yah, there was! It was the most I had seen in months! There was 6 of us all up, Romano, Liam, Claire, Croc, JA and myself made our way up into the hills. Yet again it was freezing!! There was so much fog through canning dam and I had gone as far as 2 pairs of gloves. Someone had even mentioned to me the night before to wrap my toes in glad wrap as well. I was willing to try everything!! It was close to 0 degrees through the valley but soon enough the sun began to break through. A small group of us continued through pickering brook and I thought I was doing okay. I was! Until the last hill up Kalamunda. I was trying desperately to hold onto Liam and Romano but once they got out of there seats they were gone. I only had about 1km to go. Next time, things will be different!
The Brumby's Bakery stop was a relief and we regrouped before the downhill home.
Sunday morning was a solo brick session of a bike and run. The temperatures again plummeted but I think the glad wrap worked! Any other suggestions? By the time I had returned from my cycle it was mental to push through and complete my run.
I was then over due for an afternoon nap which was pure bliss! 
I woke up with the plan of making a vege burger for lunch but was pleasantly surprised when my brother Blake and his fiance Robbie had bought some yummy fish that morning and were cooking up a storm for everyone. It was exactly what I needed!
So now with a recovery week on the horizon (well done Croc!! I know you were hurting as much as me on Saturday!) It will be chance to catch up on all the washing, vacuuming and episodes of CSI that I have missed!