Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sport is Life!

It seems if I am not training or racing I am either watching sport on T.V. or going to sporting events! (there is still plenty of time for family and friends in that mix as well!) It is a sport lovers dream at the moment with the tennis just finishing. The Tour on every day (except today's rest day!) and the Olympics starting in less than 4 weeks! It is also making all the indoor training that much easier, if that is at all possible!
Although my AFL team continues to dwell at the bottom of the ladder I will support them week in and week out while they are in a stage of "development!". There belting by 77 points on the weekend was hard to take but at least I got to share it with some great friends!

Kerry, Shannon and Peter came along for lunch and all the formalities of the Chairmans Lounge prior to the game.
It was a great afternoon, no rain and the sun shinning on Subiaco Oval.
It is encouraging to see for a team that is struggling with on and off field dramas at the moment they can still draw a crowd!
The highlight for me was meeting and talking with Australia's Tennis sensation and Olympian Casey Dellacqua. We had a nice chuckle about our names and the number of people who think that I am her sister or related some how! Can you see any resemblance? She was so down to earth and easy to talk to, wanting to know when my next event was and how it was all funded. Would things have been easier if I had a tennis racquet or a golf club in my hand? I doubt it because I would not have been any good at either of them!
I would not swap where I am now for anything!
(except maybe training on a tropical island in some warm weather and no rain!!)HA HA