Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Change of Location!

Following the race on Sunday I attended swimming training Monday morning. I was there physically, only just, and could quite happily have pressed snooze on the alarm. But I decided that getting up early was the best option to get my recovery swim in so I could enjoy the rest of the day shopping with mum, then the drive lazily to Margaret River to spend the rest of the week.
I hung at the back of the lane with pull and paddles as the legs were not coming to the party and got 3.5km in before it was time to get out before the school kids got in. Lucky for me it was a 50m main set so I could ease back a little bit and still make the times.
Not having to train again that day, I went shopping with mum at Garden City where we enjoyed breakfast and completed the weekly grocery shop.
Home, sushi for lunch then I was in the car heading down south to Margaret River. Kate, her bike, her bathers and her run shoes!
I arrived to the wind and rain, which was actually quite nice after the hot weekend. I can stand on the balcony and watch it come in over the ocean. Usually getting the timing right and just making it inside before the rain hits!
The last couple of days I have felt so so lazy! Going from 2 big weeks of training to so little, you start have the old "I am doing enough" thoughts. I know they are totally unfounded and that recovery is just as important as all the hard work. The body needs time to adapt to what I have just done other wise there would be no benefits at all and I would just be digging myself into a nice big black hole!
There have been a few easy swims, a couple of rides, no runninng yet until tomorrow and plenty of stretching. I must admit I have been having a bit of trouble sleeping because I am so used to going to bed exhausted at night that now I have to go and buy myself a new book so I can read myself to sleep.
I also enjoy swimming in the Masters group here. It is a nice change to swim in a 25m pool and the sets are very different to what we do in Perth so the variety is good.
Mum and dad arrive tomorrow afternoon for the weekend but I will be heading back to Perth to get in a few longer sessions on the weekend with my friends before I think about packing up and heading to Port Macquarie.
I am off to town now for a spot of shopping before a sunset walk along the ocean. I can't complain, life is good! It is great to slow down every now and then and smell the roses! (or in my case the fresh ocean air!)