I am very lucky when I am training at home in Perth. Everything I need is only a matter of seconds away! Even the local swimming is across the road. There should never be any excuses for not swimming. Although the squad I swim with swims at a different pool. Below is a few pictures of our garage. It once contained two cars. Then one year I was able to convince my dad his car was a work car therefore didn't really need to go in the garage so I got half!
In came the weights equipment, the pilates machine and the compi with my bike set up on it. It was great! There is a fan in front for a bit of air, but more importantly a T.V. and DVD player. I wake up in the morning, walk past the kitchen and cook the toast then head to "Kate's Garage!
Time passed and it was time to do something about that run. A treadmill was the next step and I was able to convince my mum her "Audi" was getting old and didn't really need to be in the garage anymore! Victory to me! I now have the entire garage, my finishing medals and posters from all my Ironman Events are on the walls and the past week I think I have spent just as much time in there as I have in my room! I guess I could just take a pillow in there and sleep on the pilates machine.
Happy "young" Birthday to Uncle Neil! We all enjoyed a great meal at the Roma in Fremantle. If you haven't been there and love Italian you must go. It is at the end of High Street, they are so friendly and the food delicious!
Wes, I can't explain this photo below? I am sure we could come up with a bundle of funny captions. It may have had something to do with the beer, wine and coke and cordial but I couldn't resist posting it!
The needed to give each other a call before the dinner to discuss what they were wearing?
On the training front, I am nearly there. The body is tired and fatigued but recovery and taper will come soon enough. I was inspired and motivated today while giving a presentation to students at Kolbe college on Triathlon and what I do. They are beginners embarking on a journey of swimming, biking and running for PE Studies. When ever I do anything like that I always work away with a huge smile on my face because I am reminded about how passionate and lucky I am to be doing what I am. So what if I have to get up early and go for a ride through the hills tomorrow morning. It will be a great day for it and much better than sitting in an office behind a desk!
Bring it on!