Monday, April 27, 2009

2 weeks to go!

With only 2 weeks left before I leave for the USA I am starting to get excited. I haven't been there for a few years now and am looking forward to some fantastic mountains to climb and eventually trails to run. For me the ideal outcome at this point of time would be to be able to start running once I have arrived and settled down in Boise in about 3 weeks time. If it takes longer then it will take longer, there is not much I can do "patience is a virtue" so they say. But at the moment thanks to my water proof MP3 player water running has not been so bad. It has been mainly aerobic the last week but I am going to start doing a few efforts of only around 30 seconds to a minute this week just to left the heart rate up.
At least the school holidays finish after today. Although the pool is signed extremely well, kids will be kids and just come and jump in anywhere at anytime. There have been a few close misses a number of times.
I told myself I would be organised before going away, get things done, pack with plenty of time to spare and hopefully pack light. Fat chance!
I woke up this morning and began to write a to do list. If I wasn't doing anything else for the next couple of weeks but getting organised, fine I would get it all job but at this rate there will be plenty of boxes that won't be ticked.
To think that this week the temperatures are still going to be in the high 20's and it is nearly May is great! I won't have to deal with much of the cold before I go at all.
Saturday looks perfect for the Busso Half. 28 degrees is going to be ideal and with over 1000 athletes competing it is going to be one exciting day. I am glad I decided to do the swim as a team and be part of the biggest day on the West Australian Triathlon Calendar. I haven't raced the event since turning Pro but I think that will have to change next year. Nothing beats racing at home in front of family and friends.
To everyone racing this weekend, enjoy your taper, don't stress about what you don't do this week because all the hard work is done now! Have fun and smile!
Time to hit the hills for a cycle while the roads are still quite!