Monday, April 6, 2009

Surf action

Saturday afternoon dad and I made our way to the finals of the Women's Margaret River Drug Aware Pro. We could see it from our balcony with the binoculars but wanted to be where all the action was. The day before had seen a swell of up to 3m. Today it was still around 2m so there was some good surfing happening. This is one sport I will definitely leave to the Pro's!


It was a great result for WA with local Melanie-Redman Carr winning her 4th title. She has actually retired from the Pro circuit but was lucky enough to get a wild card into the event and went all the way. Don't we love stories like that!
 I am now back in Perth after the drive home this morning and have spent the afternoon unpacking my bags from the weekend then packing a box that I am going to ship to the USA for when I get there.
I have heard they are charging mega bucks in the US at the moment for traveling with excess. It will be bad enough I have my bike with me, so a must cheaper option to send everything else in advance.
Had another great swim with the Masters group in Margs this morning. Actually, the first half was great, then after probably over doing the kicking and feeling a bit sore after my walk to the beach yesterday the groin was hurting so the pull buoy was back between the legs. It feels better now.
My doctor last week told me to ride and swim as normal. I have not been on the bike for 2 weeks now but tomorrow will be the test. I am going to take the plunge. Hopefully it will feel okay, it not I will wait another week.
It is such a catch 22, because I feel maybe I should be resting and doing completely nothing, will that help it heal quicker, but at the same time I would love to hold on to as much fitness as I can. I have also done what I am told so if the Doc says I can ride, then I am going to ride!
Fingers crossed!