He was struggling to see the fracture on the bone scan, it was really that small which is a good thing, hopefully smaller fracture, small bone, small time to recover. We obviously wanted to check everything and try and decided why it happened, where it did so I had a blood test that afternoon and a MRI the next day. I have been told to swim (thank god, I can continue to work hard on that one!) I can see you laughing now Hannah!! and I can et back on the bike next week! Yah! Fingers crossed I can water run in 2 weeks than possibly run 2 weeks after that, that only adds up to 4 weeks from now (and I am not even a maths teacher!) this is best case scenario and I am hanging on to this and doing everything I can.
So yesterday after waking up and finally heading back to swim squad and answering the questions "when are you leaving for Port Maq?" and explaining everything the day was filled with getting box's to ship to the USA with some of my stuff because I leave in 5 1/2 weeks, MRI scan, shopping with mum for some knitting needles (I will explain later!), lunch, massage, catching up with champion cyclist Bec Halliday for drink, then finally helping my brother make a salad and prepare dinner for the family in his new Thermomix. By the time I got home I wondered where the day had gone.
After just waking up this morning I was going to head out for an open water, wetsuit swim when the call came through for the local university, UWA, can you help us out one of or lecturer's is sick! Sure no problems!
Last year I had the opportunity to work in the Human Movement and exercise science department at UWA for a Semester. In particular I was involved in the Dip Ed and it was fantastic. I totally enjoyed lecturing and for the first part it was weird, teaching the teachers how to teach. But after a week, I knew it is what I would love to be doing after my career as a professional triathlete. So every opportunity I get, I am back in there!
So today, rather than thinking, "great, I have the whole day to pack my boxes, check e-mails and drive down south to Margaret River" I am not off to work like a normal person! HA HA
Thanks again for all the e-mails that are coming through from my friends, you guys are great and know how to lift my spirits. Your encouraging words mean so much to me!