So what did I do then? The next day after swimming training I met Holly and Bec 2 of WA's top cyclists for there training session along the freeway. They had period efforts at around 80 - 85% of 2,3,4,5,min's and back down again. I planned to just hang on to the back of there wheels and come along for the ride. I was able to do this and really enjoyed myself training with the girls. Actually I failed to mention at the end of each effort was a 15 second sprint out of the seat. For me, this was not happening! I was left for dead! No sprinting in this Ironman triathlete's legs. Lucky the recovery was nice and easy, plenty of time to catch up and recovery!
3 hours later I was back at Bec's house before heading to Tony Bence for my weekly massaged. I really needed it! After only 2 days of cycling my legs, groin and bum was hurting! 2 weeks off the bike it not a good thing, but it great to be cycling again.
This morning I enjoyed an easy recovery swim and decided to let the body off after the last 48 hours which has been a big step forward for me.
The bags are all packed and after my core stability session I will be on my way to Nyamup for a couple of days cycling with friends or are training for the Half Ironman before heading to Margaret River to celebrate my mum's birthday and Easter.
Enjoy your long weekend! Drive carefully and train safe!
P.S. For all of those that were wondering what happened to Michelle at Ironman Australia. She is fine but unfortunately had mechanical problems that put her out of the race. After speaking to her on Sunday and last night you will not find anyone who is more positive after such a disappointing experience. If you have a chat to her in the next few weeks you will see exactly what I am talking about!
P.P.S. See you next Wednesday Bec, I can't wait for the next session!