Thats right the roller coaster ride continues. One day the groin is feeling good and I can walk with very little pain. The next day it is like a week ago, I am limping around and wondering how I could possibly run in 4 weeks time. The ice pack is on as we speak as I do everything possible, besides maybe completely resting and doing nothing! I went to see the doctor for a follow up on Tuesday and the MRI confirmed what we already knew a mild stress fracture with no associated muscle damage which is a good sign. I am continuing to cycle and swim (with a pull bouy still) so the arms are going to be huge once I can kick again. I also began water running this week which was great! It was just nice to get the running action going again and remind the legs how it all works.
I have been enjoying another week down south in Margs with Nat and last night we ventured into town for the beginning of the Maragret River wine festival. They have an annual barrell contest down the middle of the street and hundreds of locals and tourists were there to cheer on there favourite winery or company. It was no surprise that the final was between Settlers Tavern and the Margaret River hotel.
A scrumptious dinner followed upstairs at the Goodfella's and thankgod for the walk back to the car to try and get rid of some of that bloated stomach.
This morning was another fun swim with the masters group before a 45 minute water run, then Nat arrived to roll his arms over.
Home and I was treated with eggs on toast and a lazy morning in front of the T.V.
Nat is on his way to the brewery to celebrate with the boys before the wedding we attend this morning and I am staying in Margs to do some DIY fix it jobs for mum and dad before they return to the house next weekend.
A day off cycling might be just what I need, but I will be back on the bike again tomorrow and ready to go!