Sunday, January 4, 2009

Letting Go!

No wonder my afternoon nap this afternoon stretched out to 3 hours, I was knackered! It was one of those "I will just lay my head down for 30 minutes and all will be fine!". Three hours later and I finally woke up. It was all a result of yesterday. It is amazing how you can fit so much into one day but mind you the next day it all comes crashing down.
Saturday began nice and early just before 5am. I met Michelle under Riverton bridge and we continued on to meet the others at the Raffles at 6am. Xmas and new year are over and there were so many more regulars of the group out to begin there new year programs. It was great to catch up with everyone again and as always be pushed the entire way. I did well up Albany Highway and hung on. As the ride progressed the numbers slowly declined although the common meeting place is always the Bakery in Kalamunda. I was doing okay, until "bang" 10km to go and the elastic band broke and it as all over. Worst of all, it was on a down hill! I couldn't keep up with the guys and the flew down and I must admit since the broken collar bone I have been a little bit tentative on downhills. Getting better though.
After 5 hours I made it home, shoved some food and the chaos began! It was my "sister in law" to be, Kitchen Tea and Hens Party. We had 25 ladies coming over for the afternoon before progressing by bus to Burswood for the evening,
We spent the day gossiping, enjoying way too much yummy food and playing a few little games off course!
There were plenty of laughs and talk about weddings and "Bridezilla's" which Robbie is not! And the countdown of only 13 days until it will be here.
I had the lovely task of organising the punch. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Lucky they had no idea what was in it. Come to think of it, I probably couldn't tell you exactly either!
Mum and daughter!
Now you can see why my dress had to be altered as a Brides Maid. Marija (here) and Robbie sister Dani are both tall so there dresses were short, mine looked very long compared to them. Now I just need to convince them to wear flat shoes and I will wear high heels then it will all be fair!
On to Burswood we enjoyed a few Strawberry Daiquiri's and watched as guests arrived for the Hopman Cup Ball before heading to the Atrium for dinner. 
It didn't end there though! The party continued in the Casino and Ruby room and I hate to admit but I actually stayed up later last night than I did New Years Eve! 
Too many drinks, sore feet from dancing and 1.30am on my watch (seriously this is such a rare happening for me! Anyone who knows me well enough will be in total shock about now!) I was making my way upstairs to the room we had booked for the night at the Hotel for the Brides Maids. 3.30am Robbie and Marija returned this morning while I was sound asleep.
By 11am we left the Hotel with Robbie commenting she had a great night. Mission accomplished, my job was done! 
It was a fun night and I guess one of those where you just have to "let it go!" Besides the fact it will take me a week to recover, my brother only plans on getting married once and some good band aids will get my blisters and feet through the run tomorrow. 
Back to reality in the morning and another week of hard training. Bring it on!!