For the last month I was still able to work normally, be a bit sore after training but wake up the next morning fresh and ready to go again and still have enough energy to read for at least 15 minutes before going to bed at night.
Wow, how things have changed! With the temperatures again hitting 37 degrees today I decided to run nice and early this morning to beat the heat. A wimp, maybe, but seriously it is still hot enough and muggy enough first thing in the morning to build up plenty of sweat. Plus my mother had decided for the first time ever we were going to catch the train into the city for some last minute "wedding" shopping tasks. When the alarm beginning beeping at 5am and I rolled over to turn it off I was "ouch, I hurt this morning" welcome back pain!
If I wasn't hurting enough before my run, don't worry I am hurting plenty now and I can't wait for that feeling tomorrow morning!
While I was in Busselton for the Ironman this year I had a great chat to Christian (famous partner of Charlotte Paul!) about Trigger Point Therapy and he was able to convince me to give it a go. I must admit I was a sceptic like everyone else and have only been using it every second day at this point in time but it has been fantastic. It helps so much with those tight and sore spots and with the back being a little tight as the running increases I am rolling on my ball constantly. I just need to keep it away from our dog Bailey in case he chews it up like all his tennis balls.
I was excited yesterday to get through my first 5km swim set since breaking my collar bone. By 4.6km the fins were on and there was a lot of kick drill happening but it was a huge step forward. It is still not quite ready for the 2 days in a row but next week I am going to give it a go and try and increase my milage in the water.
Time to go roll on my ball and get the body ready for the "big weekend" ahead. Only 4 weeks to go until I race in the Geelong 70.3 Half Ironman and I can't wait!