Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sleep Revival!

Yes, it is amazing what a lot of sleep can do. After Sunday afternoon's mammoth nap it was an early rise Monday morning for swimming training at 5.30am and back into the normal routine. We had a break from squad for xmas and new year but it is all go now!
I was still feeling pretty tired yesterday but was able to get through swimming and a great run work out before breakfast and found myself back in bed watching the tennis. I wasn't awake for too long before I was dreaming away and it was lunchtime before I was up again. Bliss!
By 8pm I was asleep again and this morning it was all guns blazing for my compi cycle session. Half way through I was feeling strong, the second half as always was all mental and I had to focus to pull it through. The bucket of sweat underneath the bike was only a small indication of how hard I had been working. 
A quick breakfast and in the car for the drive to Subiaco to pick up my bridesmaid dress after the alterations had been made. It fit perfect and is now hanging very carefully in the spare room wardrobe. Sorry can't show you any photo's yet. It is supposed to be a surprise!
Home for a sushi lunch with mum and I was off to the doctors. I have a bit of water hanging around in my ear lately. Not hurting yet, but my left ear is feeling a little blocked. Doctor said there was no problems, a few drops and some ear plugs to swim with and I will be fine.
Home, check e-mails then off to see Niki.
Niki is my acupuncturist and I hadn't been for about 3 weeks. After my workout this morning the body was a bit tight and sore and the needles were hurting a little bit more than normal as they went in. But when they finally came out I could feel the pressure release and the body relax. Ready to begin all again tomorrow morning.
I find myself now, hibernating in the study as the rest of the family discuss table seating for the wedding in 11 days time! Thank god I am sitting at the front on the Bridal table!
I am sorry Blake (my brother!) but it is actually quite amusing seeing him trying to organise and deal with all of this. Don't stress "bro" it always comes together on the day!