Friday, January 16, 2009

That's Entertainment!

I didn't realise it had been so long since my last blog! Sorry about that! There is good reason though and you are all well aware of the happenings in my household this week. Yesterday I could not believe how much it was possible to fit into one day. 
Earlier in the week all of our international and over east guests have arrived and there have been lunches, dinners and lots of social activities happenings. It has been so much fun but very tiring.
Yesterday begun with the dreaded but loved critical power test. I love them when you nail it and do better than last time. But no matter what the result brings it still hurts like crazy and you are trying desperately to keep that lump down in your throat towards the end of it. 
I had a great day and the results were beyond my expectations at this point in time for my program so I was on a pretty good high for the rest of the day.
From there it was breakfast in the car and a mad dash to the Swam River foreshore and the Bell Tower in Perth where I had been asked with another elite triathlete in Perth, Sean ONeil, to be involved in the filming of a program for T.V. on triathlon. We have this show in Perth called "Just Add Water" shown in summer and each week it highlights a different activity/sport in Perth. Finally Triathlon is getting some publicity here!
We were interviewed about our achievements and how we got involved in the sport, then had to show them a bit of action!
Myself, Sean and Angela who is from Channel 9 and was the "novice" triathlete for the day!
I had to repeat my transition over and over and over again! Helmet on, helmet off, shoes on, shoes off! Thank god there was no wetsuit involved!
I got to practice some entries and exits out of the water and then later on they got the underwater camera out and did some cool close up swimming shots.
We began to draw a bit of a crowd as we were interviewed. It was quite funny, people thought we were famous or something!
It was a great opportunity for me and for the sport of triathlon. It will be aired on T.V. the weekend of the 7/8th Feb. I will let you know the exact time once I find out.
There is just enough time now for an afternoon nap before the groomsmen arrive to spend the night at our house.
I will be up for a run and then a swim with Wesley tomorrow before I head to the brides house to get ready.
There will be plenty of photo's to come of the big day tomorrow, I can't wait!
Smile Blake, tomorrow you will marry the love of your life!