Monday, January 19, 2009

Quick Update!

Just a quick note to let you know the weekend and in particular my brother's Wedding was absolutely amazing! I could not believe I even shed a tear as he said his vows and promises to his future wife. My little/youngest brother who is actually one of those miracle babies. He was born premature and only weighed 750 grams. We were told he would not make it and every night in the hospital we had a priest beside the bed because we never knew if he would make it through the night. We have so many photo's of my dad's wedding ring around my brothers leg that is how tiny he was. How things have changed! We tease him now and call him the Bonds Boy! 
I am exhausted today and unfortunately it has nothing to do with training but more to do with lack of sleep and lots of delicious food! (I think I put on 2kg just over the weekend!) Lucky I have a Half Ironman in 3 weeks so it will be all focus from here on.
I definitely struggled through swimming training this morning and when the alarm went off at 4.45am after my second consecutive night with only 5 hours sleep I thought, what am I doing, stay in bed! But no, I got up and was able to get through the session thanks to my lane mates who were able to drag me along. I told them, you know you are having a bad morning when every tumble turn you are looking at the clock and counting down the minuted until I can return back to bed! Not the best attitude to have, I know, but I wouldn't change a thing! There are plenty of photo's and stories to tell from the weekend and I promise I will get them up by tomorrow. For now it is time for another nap though as I am struggling to keep my eyes open!